Please remember to follow all of the guidelines on this page in order to submit your application for the scholarship.
Women from impoverished nations can receive funds from the Margaret McNamara Educational funds (MMEG) to advance their studies and better their lives.
One of the few groups that helps women financially is the MMEG. Grants of up to $15,000 have previously been given out through the US/Canada program, and $7,000 has been given out through the African, Latin American, and Trinity programs.
- 15 May 2023
- 14th September 2023
Eligible Countries: African countries
Type: Grants and Masters
To be taken at (University): See here
Number Of Scholarships: Not Specified
Value Of Award: Up to $7,000
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List
- be Female
- already be enrolled full-time or part-time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) at one of the universities on this list.
- be enrolled for at least one academic semester (half year) following the award of the MMEG grant in December (the term between January and July 2023);
- plan to graduate no later than three years following the award of the MMEG grant;
- hold a study permit for South Africa if applying from an eligible country other than South Africa.
How to Apply: Remember to read the Application Checklist & FAQs before applying, and select the “Africa program” in the first question of the application. If the program name does not appear, the program may be closed to new applications.