Please remember to follow all of the guidelines on this page in order to submit your application for the scholarship.
Students interested in data science and its related fields (such as mathematics, statistics, machine learning, cluster analysis, big data analytics, data visualization, artificial intelligence, neural networks, deep learning, deep active learning, cognitive computing, among others), can apply for scholarships through the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), in collaboration with the Carnegie Corporation of New York.
With the help of this program, Africa will be at the cutting edge of information science. It also aims to ensure that scientists from all around the world can fully contribute to the aforementioned objective.
Applications Deadline: 14th April 2023
Eligible Countries: International
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Fully funded (stipend, equipment, health insurance, relocation costs, conference attendance, direct cost to graduating institution such as tuition fees and registration fees)
- Applicants can be from any country.
- Applicants must hold at least an MSc degree in any field related to mathematical sciences before the start date of this position.
- Applicants should be interested in undertaking research in Data Science and its related disciplines.
- Applicants must have Knowledge in mathematical modelling would be an advantage.
- Applicants must be open-minded, and must be willing to conduct their research at their preferred AIMS Research Centre, or a designated partner institution in one of the AIMS host centres.
How to Apply: Questions should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be asked to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- CV (you can use your own format, but please make sure to cover at least all items mentioned in this template that apply to your case)(This document is not editable. Please download or create your own.)
- Transcripts (Please submit both your undergraduate and your masters level transcripts. Additional transcripts can be submitted if relevant. )
As part of the application form, you will be able to
- Select or suggest a research topic
- Name two academics (ideally senior researchers), who are willing to write a letter of support
- Indicate whether you already are admitted at a university or otherwise have future plans that you consider to combine with this program