A number of University Scholarship Awards are being given out by Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) and its Joint Venture (JV) partner, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC), to appropriately qualified Nigerian students from all States of the Federation. A significant part of our strategic social commitment in the advancement of education in Nigeria is the scholarship program.
DEADLINE: Applications should be submitted on or before 23rd June 2023.
The scholarship program is available to full-time, second-year (200 Level) students enrolled in a range of courses. It is a substantial part of Chevron’s strategic social investment in education in Nigeria. Students from all of the federation’s states have an amazing opportunity to improve their studies through the program.
The scholarship is available for students in the following fields of study:
- Agricultural Science
- Business Administration / Economics
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies / Surveying
- Geology / Geophysics / Geo-Informatics
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Medicine / Surgery
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 in a 5.0 grade system or equivalent in other grade systems.
- Have a minimum of six O-level credits in one sitting.
Additionally, the NNPC/Chevron Joint Venture is providing scholarships for SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) degree students who are blind or visually challenged and are enrolled in any programme in Nigerian universities.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in a 5.0 grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems.
- Have a minimum of five O-level credits.
Please be aware that candidates for the NNPC/CNL JV scholarship are not eligible to submit an application for any other scholarship program supported by Chevron Nigeria Limited, its JV Partners, or any of its affiliates, including the Agbami scholarship program, which was announced concurrently with this NNPC/CNL JV scholarship program.
Only full-time SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) students admitted for the academic year 2021–2022 are eligible to apply. Please double check your academic session before submitting your application.
1. Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents
2. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
- Passport photograph not more than 6 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- O’ Level Result
- JAMB Result
- Local Government Area Letter of Identification
To apply, visit: https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/2023cnlawards and follow the steps below:
1. Click on “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/2023CNLawards to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Return to “Active Scholarships” and Click on the scheme you wish to apply and Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. You will receive a notification displayed on the screen and via email that you have successfully applied. To confirm Check “My application” under “My account” section on your profile account.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to www.scholastica.ng and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Note: The Scholarship board reserves the right to exclude applicants who submit multiple applications.
Please note that we will accept applications through this web site address only. Hard copies of any document submitted will not be processed. All interested students are advised to click on “How to Apply” tab to proceed.
- Only applications submitted through this web portal will be considered.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the NNPC/CNL JV National University Scholarship program.
- There will be no computer-based test. Selection of successful candidates will be based on a combination of academic indices from credentials submitted by students.
- All interested students should submit accurate and complete information.
- Applicants for the NNPC/CNL JV National University Scholarship award program are ineligible to apply for any other scholarship program sponsored by Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL), its joint venture partner, Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) or any of its affiliates.
- Applicants and successful candidates are not required to make any payments whatsoever. Application for 2023 NNPC/CNL JV National University Scholarship program is free.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- CNL does NOT assign representatives or agents to assist applicants to apply.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- If awarded the scholarship, you cannot transfer the offer to another university or course of study.
To apply, visit: https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/2023CNLawards
For enquiries: email@example.com