TABLE OF CONTENT
Background of the Study
Statement of the Problem
Significance of Study
Purpose of Study
Limitation of Study
Definition of Terms
Scope of Study
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
Students-Teachers’ Competence and Attitude towards Information and Communication Technology
THE RESEARCH METHOD
Area of the Study
Population of the Study
Sample and Sampling Techniques
Validation of the instrument
Reliability of the Instrument
Instrument of the Study
Method of Data Collection
Method of Data Analysis
PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
DISCUSSION OF FINDINGS, RECOMMENDATIONS, SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION
Discussion of Findings
Suggestions for Further Study
- Background of the Study
Globalization and technological changes are processes that have accelerated teaching. The past fifteen years have created a new global economy “powered by technology, fuelled by information and driven by knowledge”. The Emergence of this new global economy has serious implications for the nature and purpose of educational institutions. As the half life of information continuous to shrinks and access to information continues to grow exponentially. School cannot remain more vociferous mission of a prescribed set of information.
Information and Communication Technology ICT’ which includes radio, television, computers and the internet has been found as potentially powerful. Communication technology is the tool use to harvest the information properly for effectives in any Area of life.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
A lot of stakeholders in the educational sector has expressed sincere feelings about the decline of the value of education, the decay in the training of manpower, laxity in the teaching and learning and lack of educational materials in the ministry of education.
- Some schools are lacking in the implementation of the ICT in teaching and learning.
- Some school due to lack of fund they can not purchased ICT equipments for teaching and learning.
- Some teachers are not well trained to use ICT in carrying out their duty is the class.
- Because of the lack of quality, teachers adulterate the student thereby creating barrier in learning and development of the student. This is the right of researcher to study school in Enugu North with the aim of finding out whether they heave implemented the use of ICT and record the success but if not know the cause of it.
1.3 Significant of the Study
This study is very essential to use extent that it helps to identify the impact of information and communication technology on the teaching and leaving of English language. The researchers expected that if the suggested and personal opinion proposed in this research work are implemented effectively and diligently, the poor image of information and communication technology on the teaching and learning of English language will be restored and the objective of the introduction of information and communication technology will be achieved.
Thus the research work will be of benefit to the following group of people, Government, parents, society, school’s and students of English language.
1.4 Purpose of the Study
The main purpose of the study is to find out the obstacles teachers face in usning ICT and whether it has any positive impact in teaching and learning of English language specifically, there study aims at finding out the following.
- To what extent are the obstacles teachers face in using ICT.
- To what extent have the society and government recognize the significant of ICT in teaching and learning.
- To what extent does ICT have any positive impact in teaching and learning.
- To what extent are the problems associated with the use and implementation of ICT in research.
1.5 Research Question
As a result of the clear statement of the purpose of the research, the following vital research questions are raised to help guide the study,
- What are the obstacles teachers face in using ICT?
- To what extent have the society and government recognize the significant of ICT in teaching and learning?
- Does ICT have any positive impacts in teaching and learning?
- What are the problems associated with the use and implementation of ICT in research?
1.6 Limitation of the Study
There are many school owned by government and by individual in Enugu state and throughout Nigeria.
Because of time and the meague resources of the research, the work is limited to only schools in Enugu North.
1.8 Definition of Terms
LAN: – Local Area Network
WAN: – Wide Area Network
ICT- Information and Communication Technology
Globalization: refers to the individual revolution of a Nation that is powered by information and technology.
Physical Media: This refers to printed information on a material that you can handle.
IRI- Instruction Radio Initiative
CAL- Computer Assisted Instruction
Pedagogy:- refers to the traditional Act of teaching and learning is the school.
Tele-Conference:- The refers to the use of information technology to teach a group of people with the instructor being not present.
- ICT has positive impact to teaching and learning of English in secondary school
- There are no obstacles facing the ICT in school
1.10 Scope of the Study
The scope of this study is cover all the secondary school in Enugu North Urban. It tries to delimit the study, that is to point out the extent or how far the study will go.
DISCLAIMER: All project works, files and documents posted on this website, eProjectTopics.com are the property/copyright of their respective owners. They are for research reference/guidance purposes only and some of the works may be crowd-sourced. Please don’t submit someone’s work as your own to avoid plagiarism and its consequences. Use it as a reference/citation/guidance purpose only and not copy the work word for word (verbatim). The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own study. eProjectTopics.com is a repository of research works where works are uploaded for research guidance. Our aim of providing this work is to help you eradicate the stress of going from one school library to another in search of research materials. This is a legal service because all tertiary institutions permit their students to read previous works, projects, books, articles, journals or papers while developing their own works. This is where the need for literature review comes in. “What a good artist understands is that nothing comes from nowhere. The paid subscription on eProjectTopics.com is a means by which the website is maintained to support Open Education. If you see your work posted here by any means, and you want it to be removed/credited, please contact us with the web address link to the work. We will reply to and honour every request. Please notice it may take up to 24 – 48 hours to process your request.