Please remember to follow all of the guidelines on this page in order to submit your application for the scholarship.
People of African descent who are actively working to advance the rights of people of African descent can enroll in the Fellowship program for persons of African descent, which provides intense human rights training.
The Fellowship Program will give participants the opportunity to more effectively support the defense and advancement of the civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights of persons of African origin in their home nations.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2023
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible African Countries: Applicants of African Origin
To be taken at (country): Geneva, Switzerland
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Duration & Value of Programme: In 2023, the Fellowship will be held from 13 November to 1 December in Geneva, Switzerland.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Human Rights Fellowship, applicants must:
- be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora. · The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- have sufficient command of the English language to be able to participate fully in the programme.
- submit a letter from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights certifying their status.
- be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents in one single e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A completed, signed and scanned Application Form (English | Français | Español) in one single document.
- A Personal Statement (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate will explain his/her motivation for applying, and how he/she will use the knowledge gained from the fellowship to promote the interests and rights of people of African descent.
- An Official Letter from the nominating organization certifying the status
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Please note that submissions with more than five attachments will not be accepted.
Important: Please mention in the subject header of your e-mail: “Application for the 2023 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent.”
Name the attached document as follows:
LAST NAME First name – Type of document
SMITH Jacqueline – Application form.doc
SMITH Jacqueline – A Personal Statement.doc
SMITH Jacqueline – Letter certifying Status.pdf
SMITH Jacqueline – Passport.pdf