Please remember to follow all of the guidelines on this page in order to submit your application for the scholarship.
June 30, 2023
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2023, run by the Royal Commonwealth Society, challenges young people to examine the influence they have on the globe and to think about how this influence may be used to make a positive difference.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
Value of Award:
- The top prize winners from each category will be awarded with a trip to London for a week of educational and cultural events, culminating in a special Awards Ceremony at the royal palace.
- All successful entries will receive a Certificate of Participation and a number of entrants will receive Gold, Silver, and Bronze Awards for excellence in writing.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Senior Category ((born between 1 July 2004 and 30 June 2009) 14-18 years of age)
- As Head of the Commonwealth His Majesty The King is opening an international conference on the importance of young people in decision making. Write his speech.
- Does age matter?
- The 2023 Year of Youth was a moment of significant social change – what was its impact on the world?
- Script a dialogue between two people, with contrasting viewpoints, on an issue that divides generations.
Junior Category ((born on or after 1 July 2009) under 14 years of age)
- In fiction and throughout history, young people have performed numerous acts of heroism. Choose your favourite young hero and write to them about why you admire them.
- What is your youthful superpower, and how can it make a positive difference in the world?
- You have been stranded on a planet where everyone is 18 or under. Journal your experience.
- Why does your voice matter?
How to Apply: Interested and qualified should click here to register for the competition.
Leave a comment